Monday, November 12, 2012

Do you believe what you believe? Part 3 Jesus is Lord.

 Is Jesus Lord and King of your life?


Before being baptized, it is customary at our church to take your confession.

Romans 10:9 if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

"From this day forward, who is going to be the Lord of your life?"
What does that mean?
 
According to Merriam-Webster this is the definition of "lord"
1 : one having power and authority over others: a : a ruler by hereditary right or preeminence to whom service and obedience are due

Does Jesus have "power and authority" over your life, family, work ethics?

By virtue of His death for our sins, we owe Him "service and obedience". 

Do we pick and choose when we are obedient?  Do we pick and choose those of God's word we choose to obey? How many days do you serve Him and how?

Now..I could end it right now.  I've read things like that and all I'm left with is guilt because I know that I fall short a lot.  Sometime I know I have a problem, but don't have the answer.

These are the answers have found.

1.  Jesus trumps my feelings and upbringing. 
2.  I am only who God says I am. 
3. What God says is true is true. 
4. There is absolute truth and God's word determines what that is. 
5. My job is to be salt and light on the earth.
6. My job is to point others to Jesus by my words, behavior, how I conduct my business and how I handle conflict.
7.  My obedience and service don't earn me salvation.  It is a response to the love and forgiveness God through Jesus has shown me.
8. As many times as I fall, God is ready to forgive me.
9. I try not to fall because I don't want to disappoint my heavenly Father who loves me and gave His Son for me. 
10.  AND MOST IMPORTANTLY GOD LOVES YOU AND IS ON YOUR SIDE.

I did not learn any of this overnight.  Because of my childhood abuse, I have had a hard time with, one or two or all of these.  But peace lies in Jesus. Be Blessed.



 




 

 



 






 
 



 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment