Monday, October 1, 2012

Why I want a Tattoo...

This is the tattoo I'm getting.  Some friends wanted to know why I wanted a tattoo.  More specifically, the wanted to know why I would do something God forbids. (Leviticus 19:28
"'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.).

I was reminded of two scriptures before I give my personal reasons.

1 Corinthians 6:12(NKJV)

12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1 Corinthians 10:23(NKJV)

23 All things are lawful for me,[a] but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me,[b] but not all things edify

I believe that my actions are governed by two laws.  Love God. Love Everyone else. 
I have to be conscious of even my most innocent actions that may cause someone to stumble.

With that said, I want the gospel tattoo on my left inside wrist.  When I meet anyone and everyone, I'll be declaring my allegiance.  Unapologetically. Unequivocally. Out loud and on purpose.  I'll be opening myself to judgement from Christians and the world alike. People will know what I claim and watch to see what I do.  It's human nature. 

I declare that Jesus is my Savior and it's as permanent as this tattoo.  I also believe that something go to heaven with you.  Jesus still had his scars when he rose.  Maybe I'll have my tattoo in heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment