Thursday, August 8, 2013

Coming back to the Heart of Worship

Worship -- I've been guilty of being a little obsessive in relationships (real or imaged). It goes like this: I wake up and I think of him. All through the day I wonder what kind of food he liked or what sports and music he liked or just what he was doing. When I do something, I wonder what he would think about it. I tell everyone about about how great he is. And then (if he knows I'm alive, lol) it's over. What if I worshipped God like I worshipped my crush of the day in high school. What if God was the first thing I thought of in the morning and the last thing I thought of at night? What if I spent time wondering what God thought and what His will is? What if I thought about what God would think of my actions before I acted? What if I told everyone how great our God is? What if worship is not about Sunday or Wednesday or music? Romans 12:1 12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Maybe our life is our Worship. BE BLESSED.

No comments:

Post a Comment